The advancement of the technological level in the smartphone sector means that more and more technical features are implemented on board the various phones. And a very useful feature that is not very widespread in the Asian market is waterproofing. That's why in this article we give you our ranking of the best waterproof Chinese smartphone.
But what exactly do you mean by "waterproof"? Let's start by saying that, nowadays, there are no really waterproof phones, neither in the Chinese market nor in the mainstream one. This is because the construction of a liquid-proof terminal would definitely be expensive. But this does not mean that a device can not be at least resistant within certain limits.
IP67 vs IP68: what are the differences?
Here, then, that we hear about nomenclature such as IP67 o IP68. These two acronyms are those that interest us most, since they indicate a certain resistance to the entry of liquids and dust. To be precise, "IP"Stands for"International Protection", Or the standard regarding the protection of electrical devices.
As for the numbers, the first digit "6" implies total protection against dust and sand. The second digit is more variable: IP67 means protection for diving up to 1 m depth for 30 minutes, while IP68 indicates protection usually for dives for 60 minutes up to 1 m.
We would like to remind you, however, that in almost all cases the warranty does not protect damage caused during the dive of the device. So try not to abuse this kind of protection and you should not have big problems about it.
The best Chinese smartphones under the 100€ | 150€ | 200€ | 300€ | 500€ | 600€
The best Xiaomi smartphones under the € 200
The best Huawei smartphones under the € 250
The best Chinese smartphones with shipping from Europe | compact
with AMOLED display | with wireless charging
The best Chinese phone camera
Here below you find the most convenient models as price / quality ratio. Although the high-end models with these requirements are not many, there is a reasonable choice in the medium / low. We remind you that, being products subject to offers, prices and availability are variable over time. If specified, the wording Global indicates the presence of the band 20.
Below you can see the list of various devices, which can be purchased at Chinese stores like GearBest e BangGood. Some products may also be present on Amazon ed eBay: in this case, the price is almost always higher. For all coupons and offers on Chinese smartphones (and not only) we invite you to follow our dedicated Telegram channel: GizDeals!
Last updated: 8 April 2019
The best waterproof Chinese smartphones
NOMU S10 / S10 Pro
If you are looking for the cheapest IP68 certified smartphone, you have found it. It is about Rent S10, which in its variant Pro also enjoys MIL-STD-810G military certification for resistance to damage and wear. In addition, both offer compact dimensions, resulting easily transportable.
- IPS display from 5 "HD (1280 x 720 pixels) and density of 294 PPI;
- 146.6 x 75.9 x 13.95 mm dimensions for 210 g (S10) - 144 x 74 x 12.6 mm for 185 g (S10 Pro);
- certificazione IP68 (S10 / S10 Pro) e MIL-STD-810G (S10 Pro);
- Quad-core MediaTek processor MT6737T;
- ARM GPU Mali-T720 MP2;
- 2 / 3 GB of RAM;
- 16 / 32 GB of memory expandable through microSD;
- rear camera by 13 mega-pixels with autofocus and LED flash;
- front camera from 5 mega-pixels;
- support dual SIM LTE, Wi-Fi a / b / g / n Dual Band, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS;
- battery by 5000 mAh;
- Android OS XMUMX Marshmallow (S6) / Android 10 Nougat (S7 Pro).
BLACKVIEW BV7000 / BV7000 Pro
Predictably, many of the mid / low-end smartphones with IP68 certification are classifiable as rugged phones. An example is the Blackview BV7000, also available in the variant Pro with enhanced hardware compartment. In addition to a MT6750T SoC, in fact, the Pro has from its most extensive memories from 4 / 64 GB.
- IPS display from 5 "Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) and density of 441 PPI;
- dimensions of 153 x 78.9 x 12.6 mm for 222 g;
- certificazione IP68;
- Quad-core MediaTek processor MT6737T (BV7000) / octa-core MediaTek MT6750T (BV7000 Pro);
- ARM GPU Mali-T720 MP2 (BV7000) / Mali-T860 MP2 (BV7000 Pro);
- 2 / 4 GB of RAM;
- 16 / 64 GB of memory expandable through microSD;
- rear fingerprint reader;
- rear camera by 8 mega-pixels (BV7000) / 13 mega-pixels (BV7000 Pro) with opening f/ 2.0, autofocus and LED flash;
- front camera from 5 mega-pixels (BV7000) / 8 mega-pixels (BV7000 Pro) with opening f/ 2.2;
- support dual SIM LTE, Wi-Fi b / g / n (BV7000) / Wi-Fi a / b / g / n Dual Band (BV7000 Pro), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS;
- battery by 3500 mAh;
- Android operating system 6 Marshmallow (BV7000) / Android 7 Nougat (BV7000 Pro).
BLACKVIEW BV9500 / BV9500 PRO
Blackview BV9500 is a rugged phone of the Asian house with many peculiarities. This device has three different types of certifications: the IP68, IP69K e MIL-STD-810G that is, they allow resistance to water to dust, high pressures, impacts and it has a military certification that proves its resistance to the most extreme conditions. Under the body we find a MediaTek processor Helio P23 octa-core assisted by 4GB of RAM and 64 GB internal memory expandable via microSD.a battery that powers this device is a unit from 10000 mAh equipped with support for fast charging and wireless charging.
ULEFONE ARMOR 5
With Ulefone Armor 5 you go up in category, since it is a smartphone with a glass body. This allowed the implementation of wireless charging for the large battery from 5000 mAh. Below the body, then, we find a SoC Helio P23 along with 4 / 64 GB of memory, in addition to the presence of a dual camera on the back.
VERNEE V2 PRO
Il Vernee V2 Pro it is one of the very few battery phones on the market that bears the IP68 certification. Inside, in fact, there is a unit from 6200 mAh to power the technical compartment with Helio P23 and well 6 / 64 GB of internal memory. Then there are 4 cameras, two pairs on the back and front, with which to realize shots with bokeh effect.
- IPS display from 5.99 "Full HD + (2160 x 1080 pixels) and density of 403 PPI;
- dimensions of 164.2 x 79.4 x 12.7 mm for 259 g;
- certificazione IP68;
- octa-core processor MediaTek Helio P23;
- ARM GPU Mali-G71 MP2;
- 6 GB of RAM;
- 64 GB of memory expandable through microSD;
- rear fingerprint reader;
- dual camera back from 21 + 5 mega-pixel with opening f/ 2.0, autofocus and LED flash;
- dual front camera from 13 + 5 mega-pixel with opening f/ 2.8;
- support dual SIM LTE, Wi-Fi a / b / g / n Dual Band, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS;
- battery by 6200 mAh
- OS Android 8.1 Oreo with VOS.
HUAWEI MATE 10 PRO
If you go to the high end here is that the alternatives in Asia are reduced not a little, although it is much more interesting. The Huawei Mate 10 Pro is a smartphone with all the trappings: OLED display, a powerful Kirin 980 processor with 6 / 128 GB, dual cameras at the top of the industry and much more.
HUAWEI P20 PRO
Always to stay at home Huawei, the ranking ends with Huawei P20 Pro, or the direct evolution of Mate 10 Pro. Again we are talking about one of the best smartphones of this year, based on Kirin 970, 6 / 128 GB and an amazing triple camera positioned on the back, as well as a large battery 4000 mAh.
HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a top-of-the-range smartphone of the brand Huawei. This device is characterized by the presence of the HiSilicon octa-core processor Kirin 980 with a maximum clock of 2.6 GHz. The latter is flanked by 6/8 GB of RAM LPDDR4X-2133 dual channel e 128 / 256 GB of UFS 2.1 memory expandable via nanoSD.
A lot of attention has been paid to the multimedia sector, in fact this device boasts a triple bedroom 40 + 20 + 8 mega-pixel which, thanks to the intervention of the double NPU, can guarantee bright shots even in low light conditions. Previously there is a selfie camera from 24 mega-pixels with system VSEL (Vertical Surface Emitting Laser) for the facial recognition 3D by infrared laser.
There is a large battery to power the device 4200 mAh with quick charging support SuperCharge 4.0 and to wireless charging. The operating system on board is Android 9.0 Pie with proprietary graphic interface EMUI 9.0.