OnePlus is setting up its line up of smartphones for 2023: after finding out OnePlus 11, now it's time to One Plus 11R aka Ace 2. We are talking about a new model for the high-end that continues the path inaugurated by the first model and the rebrand of the Ace series, aiming for the quality / price ratio: here are the specifications, price and release date.
OnePlus 11R (Ace 2): all the news of the top of the range
Design and display
For those wondering, the smartphone is the same, but marketed as OnePlus 11R in the Global markets and as Ace 2 in the Chinese market (not to be confused with the old Oppo Ace 2).
Available in two colors, Matte Black and Light Blue, the design of One Plus 11R it is very similar to the main model OnePlus 11, starting from the iconic rear photographic module represented by a circular section connected to the side frame. Inside we find three sensors, the LED flash but nothing to do for the Hasselblad writing, a sign that the collaboration remains exclusive to the main model. Good news for lovers ofAlert Slider, because the OnePlus trademark is also present on the 11R; however, the frame is not in metal but in plastic.
As for the display, it's a central punch-hole solution, a screen curved AMOLED da 6,74" 1.5K +, adaptive refresh rate up 120 Hz and integrated optical fingerprint reader.
Features and technical specifications
The hardware side is certainly the most interesting we can find on OnePlus 11R/Ace 2. This is because it is based on the Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 of Qualcomm as on 10T model, a big change from the 8100R predecessor's Dimensity 10-MAX. It is a TSMC 4 nm SoC with Kryo CPU up to 3,2 GHz and Adreno 730 GPU, while the memories are from 12 / 16 GB RAM LPDDR5X (plus up to 8GB of Virtual RAM) is 256 / 512 GB UFS 3.1 not expandable.
Battery side we have a module from 5.000 mAh with Warp Charge a 100: this time it is the only one available compared to its predecessor which split between 80W and 150W. For the recharge speed, we are talking about 10 minutes to reach 50%. The software is based on the latest OxygenOS 13 (ColorOS 13 for China) based on Android 13.
Among the novelties we find the chip OPPO SuperVOOC S: OnePlus Ace 2/11R is the first smartphone to mount this solution. It is a chip dedicated exclusively to energy and power management, acting as a "filter" to regulate and manage the charging power and obtain better battery life.
For the photographic sector, on OnePlus 11R / Ace 2 we find a triptych of 50 + 8 + 2 MP with main sensor Sony IMX890 e OIS, as well as ultra-wide-angle and macro sensors and a selfie camera from 16 MP.
OnePlus 11R (Ace 2) – Data sheet
- Dimensions of 163,4 x 74,3 x 8,7 mm for 204 grams
- Matte Black and Light Blue colors
- Optical fingerprint reader in the display
- Display curved AMOLED 10-bit from 6,74” 1.5K+ (2.772 x 1.240 pixels) with 450 PPI density, 40-adaptive refresh rate120 Hz, brightness of 1.450 nits, PWM Dimming 1.440 Hz and Asahi Glass glass (Gorilla Glass 5 for the rear body)
- SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 at 4 nm TSMC
- Kryo octa-core CPU (1 x 3,2GHz X2 + 3 x 2,75GHz A710 + 4 x 1,8GHz A510)
- Adreno GPU 730
- 12 / 16 GB of RAM LPDDR5X
- 256 / 512 GB memory UFS 3.1 not expandable
- battery by 5.000 mAh with Warp Charge fast charging 100 and SuperVOOC S chips
- connectivity dual SIM 5G, Wi-Fi 6 Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo/QZSS, NFC, USB-C 2.0
- triple rear camera from 50 + 8 + 2 MP f/1.8-2.2-2.4 with IMX890 and OIS, 08° OV10D120 ultra-wide angle and OV02B10 macro
- selfie camera 16 MP ffinal match.
- stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos
- Android 13 operating system with OxygenOS 13
OnePlus 11R (Ace 2) – Price and release date
Presented in China, the OnePlus Ace 2 was launched at a starting price of approx €385 (2.799￥) for 12/256 GB, rising to €426 (3.099￥) for 16/256GB and finally €481 (3.499￥) for the top 16/512GB one.
FIND OUT WHERE TO BUY ONEPLUS 11R (ACE 2)⭐️ Discover the new Weekly Flyer of GizChina with always different exclusive offers and coupons.