Although a lot of attention is drawn to folding "Standard", the category of flip phone is perhaps the one that is proving to be the most useful. While primarily born with models like the Samsung Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X in mind, the foldable world is finding success with models featuring the Galaxy Flip and Moto RAZR. This explains the reason for the debut of OPPO Find N2 Flip, a device that has so much to offer compared to its rivals: here you will find everything on the technical data sheet, price and market release.
Official OPPO Find N2 Flip: everything you need to know about the brand's first flip phone
Design and display
The design of OPPO Find N2 Flip it is similar to that of other clamshell folding smartphones but offers something more thanks to a large external panel, the true protagonist of the body.
As for the primary display, the internal screen is a AMOLED da 6,8 "Full HD + (2640 x 1080 pixels) with refresh rate a 120 Hz, LTPO technology and a folding mechanism that makes the panel free from a visible crease.
But the real surprise – as anticipated too poco above – is outside, where we find a large outer screen always OLED from 3,26" at 60 Hz, exceeding not by poco those of Huawei P50 Pocket, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Moto RAZR 2022, respectively from 1,04 ″, 1,9 ″ and 2,7 ″; in recent days we also had a video leak what an anticipation of this novelty.
The device has a thickness of 7,45 mm and a weight of 191 grams, while the biometric release is entrusted to a side fingerprint sensor.
Features and technical specifications
The other main difference compared to the other flip phones in circulation is in the hardware sector, given that OPPO Find N2 Flip is based not on Qualcomm chipset but MediaTek. We talk about Dimension 9000+ (Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 competitor) i.e. a 4 nm TSMC SoC with octa-core CPU up to 3,2 GHz Cortex-X2, Mali-G710 MC10 GPU and memories from 8 / 12 / 16 GB LPDDR5 e 256 / 512 GB UFS 3.1.
Previously we also had a first benchmark on Geekbench, Where OPPO Find N2 Flip managed to put up a score of 1306 in the single-core test e 4293 in the multi-core test.
Another very important feature is the battery, which is also larger than its competitors: it is in fact a unit of 4.300 mAh with quick charge from 44W. The Find N2 Flip is by right the flip phone with the most battery and fastest charging in its class.
The rest of the package includes support for 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, speaker and Android 13 (in the form of ColorOS 13).
The camera department is no less, assisted by the proprietary chip HusbandSilicon X, a combination of NPU and ISP to enhance photos and videos. The chip acts as a mount for the dual rear camera from 50 + 8 MP with Sony IMX890 main sensor and Sony IMX355 ultra-wide angle.
Unmissable here too is the collaboration with Hasselblad. The selfie camera, on the other hand, features a Sony IMX709 sensor from 32 MP.
OPPO Find N2 Flip - Data sheet
- Dimensions of 166,2 x 75,2 x 7,45 mm (open) and 85,5 x 72,2 x 16.02 mm (closed) with a weight of 191 grams
- Internal AMOLED 8-bit display from 6,8 "Full HD + (2.520 x 1.080 pixels) with 403 PPI, LTPO, refresh rate at 120 Hz and 240Hz touch sampling, UTG ultra-thin glass protection
- 8-bit AMOLED external display 3,26 "HD (382 x 720 pixels) with 250 PPI, refresh rate at 60 Hz and 120Hz touch sampling, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Side fingerprint reader
- SoC MediaTek Dimension 9000+
- ARM Mali-G710 MC10 GPU
- 8 / 12 / 16 GB of RAM LPDDR5X
- 256 / 512 GB memory UFS 3.1 not expandable
- battery by 4.300 mAh with quick charge from 44W
- support Dual SIM 5G SA+NSA, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, Dual Frequency GPS, USB Type-C
- triple camera from 50 + 8 MP f/1.8-2.2 with IMX890, IMX355, 112° wide angle and Hasselblad optimizations
- selfie camera IMX355 from 32 MP ffinal match.
- stereo speaker
- operating system Android 13 with ColorOS 13
OPPO Find N2 Flip - Price and release
The presentation of OPPO Find N2 Flip took place in China on 15 December, on the occasion of the INNO Day 2022 event. The debut took place together with Find N2, the brand's second foldable smartphone with a tablet-style form factor. Unlike the latter, reserved for the Chinese market, the company's first flip phone will also arrive on the markets Overseas hubs during the Q1 2023.
Below you will find the details on the Chinese price of OPPO Find N2 Flip:
- 8/256GB: Approx €810 (5999 yuan)
- 12/256GB: Approx €864 (6399 yuan)
- 16/512GB: Approx €945 (6999 yuan)
We still don't know what the should be price international, but according to the leaker Ice Universe it will not cost more than Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, which we remember was launched in Italy at € 1.149 in the price list.of GizChina with always different exclusive offers and coupons.