Good news for the owners of OnePlus 8, 8 Pro e 8T, two smartphones that have just been added to the program to test OxygenOS 13 Beta e Android 13. The new major update was announced in recent days, but it will take a few more months for it to move from beta testing to stable release for everyone. Meanwhile, it is surprising that after 10 Pro OnePlus has decided to opt for the 8 series to expand its program, rather than the more recent 9 series.
Upgrade 16 / 11: the update is officially starting, find all the details at the end of the article.
The OxygenOS 13 update with Android 13 for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T starts
If you were wondering, OxygenOS 13 and ColorOS 13 have a lot in common, as the first hands-on demonstrates. Being beta testing, the OxygenOS 13 and Android 13 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is still under development and will be available in a limited way. When it's available and manually installable, you'll find it in the dedicated article.
Stable roll-out | Update 16/11
After receiving the ColorOS 13 update in China, the OxygenOS 13 based on Android 13 is coming in stable form on OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T. It is a rather large update of about 5 GB, as demonstrated by the complete changelog: if the notification has not yet arrived, you can download the update from the following link.
- Aquamorphic design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for added visual comfort.
- Apply the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Watch, with the shadow that simulates the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones
- Upgrade to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimize UI layers for a clearer and more uncluttered viewing experience.
- Apply real-world physical movements to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimize the widget design to make information easier and faster to find.
- Optimize fonts for better readability.
- Optimize system icons using the latest color scheme to make icons easier to recognize.
- It enriches and optimizes illustrations for functionality by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- It adds Meeting Assistant to improve the experience of connecting to the meeting and taking notes, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less annoying.
- Adds large folders to the home screen. Now you can open an app in a maximized folder with one tap and turn pages in the folder with one swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows real-time information about music, calls and food deliveries (only supports some apps).
- Adds media playback control and enhances the Quick Settings experience.
- Add more markup tools for editing screenshots.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making the information display more personalized.
- Adds the Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window within apps for smooth operation.
- Updated Doodle in Notes. Now you can draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimized Shelf. Swipe down on the Home screen to view Shelf by default.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimize file transfer between devices, with multiple supported file formats and device models.
- Optimize Screencast, with broadcast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimize earphone connectivity to deliver a smoother experience.
- Optimize Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimize Insight Always-On Display, with more customizations available.
- Optimize Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelization feature for chat screenshots. The system can automatically identify and pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular wipe of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimize Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for added security of private files.
- Digital Health & Wellness
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids Mode to create a kid-friendly space.
- Adds Eye Comfort in Kid Space to protect children's eyesight.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life and app experience.
- Game experience
- HyperBoost GPA 4.0 upgrade to stabilize frame rate and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.