We had several camera phones in 2022, including OPPO FIND X5 PRO, the latest top of the range of the Asian house subjected to photographic evaluation by DxOMark. As every year, the Parisian team subjects the most valid exponents for what concerns the camera to its tests, to find out if the quality on paper is also reflected by that on the field. But in the case of Find X5 Pro, the score obtained may not live up to expectations as in the case of Xiaomi 12S Ultra, when you consider that previous models like Find the X3 Pro and especially Find the X2 Pro they had gotten better results.
According to DxOMark, the OPPO Find X5 Pro camera does not achieve excellence
Let's start by listing the hardware department that makes up the OPPO Find X5 Pro camera:
- Primary 25 mm from 50 MP f/1.7, 1 / 1.56 ″ sensor with 1.0 µm pixels, Omni-PDAF autofocus, 3-axis OIS on the sensor and 2-axis on the lens
- Ultra wide angle 15 mm from 50 MP f/2.2 with 110 ° FoV, 1 / 1.56 ″ sensor with 1.0 µm pixels, Omni-PDAF autofocus
- Telephoto 52 nn from 13 MP f/2.4 with 2X optical zoom, PDAF autofocus
The score obtained of 130 means that OPPO Find X5 Pro fails to enter the ranking of the top 10 according to DxOMark, obtaining 1 point less even than Find X3 Pro. The latest generation model manages to do better in terms of color rendering and dynamic range, but it does worse when it comes to autofocus and amount of digital noise. Furthermore, compared to the best camera phones on the market, OPPO's is lower in terms of shutter speed, reliability of the HDR mode and the absence of a telephoto lens for long distances, having only a 2x lens.
As for videos, OPPO Find X5 Pro captures clips with good exposure values and colors, even in low light and with effective stabilization. However, there is a tendency to underexpose when you are in a high contrast situation, such as backlighting.
Here, then, what the top 10 ranking of DxOMark looks like:
- 146 - Honor Magic 4 Ultimate
- 144 - Huawei P50 Pro
- 143 - Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- 139 - Huawei Mate 40 Pro +
- 138 - Xiaomi 12S Ultra
- 137 - Apple iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- 136 - Huawei Mate 40 Pro
- 135 - Google Pixel 6 Pro, vivo X70 Pro +
- 133 - ASUS Smartphone for Snapdragon, Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- 132 - Google Pixel 6, Huawei P40 Pro