Good news for the owners of OnePlus 8 e 8 Pro, two smartphones that have just been added to the program to test OxygenOS 13 Beta e Android 13. The new major update was announced in recent days, but it will take a few more months for it to move from beta testing to stable release for everyone. Meanwhile, it is surprising that after 10 Pro OnePlus has decided to opt for the 8 series to expand its program, rather than the more recent 9 series.
The OxygenOS 13 Beta update with Android 13 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro starts
If you were wondering, OxygenOS 13 and ColorOS 13 have a lot in common, as the first hands-on demonstrates. Here is the complete changelog of the new OnePlus update:
- Upgrade to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Apply real-world physical movements to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimize fonts for better readability.
- It enriches and optimizes illustrations for functionality by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the home screen. Now you can open an app in a maximized folder with one tap and turn pages in the folder with one swipe.
- Adds media playback control and enhances the Quick Settings experience.
- Add more markup tools for editing screenshots.
- Optimized Shelf. Swipe down on the Home screen to view Shelf by default.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimize earphone connectivity to deliver a smoother experience.
- Optimize Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimize Insight Always-On Display, with more customizations available.
- Optimize Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelization feature for chat screenshots. The system can automatically identify and pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular wipe of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimize your private safe. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for added security of private files.
- Digital Health & Wellness
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limits, ambient light reminders, and eye protection features.
- Performance optimization
- Optimize Dolby Sound effects with a better perception of the spatial sound field and a more accurate sound source.
- Game experience
- Upgrade to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rate and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Being beta testing, the OxygenOS 13 and Android 13 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is still under development and will be available on a limited basis. When it is available and can be installed manually, you will find it in the dedicated article.⭐️ Discover the new Weekly Flyer of GizChina with always different exclusive offers and coupons.