Meanwhile rumors about his successor are already starting, Xiaomi pad 5 is continuing its path in updating to MIUI 13. Having been officially presented in the summer of 2021, it arrived before the announcement of the latest Xiaomi major update. But given its recent release, the company has well thought of adding it to the first wave of updates in its catalog. After the main top of the range of the current and last generation and some haggard mid-range, even Xiaomi tablets can enjoy the benefits of the new UI.
Upgrade 16 / 02: the update to MIUI 13 begins to arrive in Europe on Xiaomi Pad 5. Find all the details at the end of the article.
The Global update for MIUI 13 on Xiaomi Pad 5 starts
After updating in China for a few weeks, Xiaomi Pad 5 is receiving the V184.108.40.206.RKXMIXM, i.e. the update to the MIUI 13 Global. This means that the major update is also extending beyond the borders, even if for the moment it has not yet arrived in Europe. It would seem only a matter of time, even if I don't feel like I'm unbalancing on the timing. We remind you that, since they are not smartphones but tablets, the release they receive is the MIUI 13 for Pad. It is an optimized version for this type of terminal, being able to exploit it better with deeper multitasking and the possibility of having more resizable windows on the screen.
Roll-out in Europe | Update 16/02
Even European owners can start having MIUI 13 on board Xiaomi Pad 5. The update started in these hours concerns the build V220.127.116.11.RKXEUXM, so let's talk about the MIUI 13 EEA. If you are curious to try the MIUI 13 for Pad on your Xiaomi Pad 5, you can manually download and install the update (at your own risk):
Download the MIUI 13 for Xiaomi Pad 5
Here the changelog Full:
- New - Resizable floating windows bring desktop experience to tablets
- New - Improved function key functionality
- Mobile windows
- New - Drag any item from the dock to open it in a floating window
- New - Resize options for floating windows
- New - Support for opening two floating windows at the same time
- New - New gestures for floating windows
- Stylus and keyboard
- New - Pressing the Menu button on the keyboard opens the app dock
- New - Double pressing the Menu button allows you to switch between recent apps
- New - Custom shortcuts for system buttons
- New - Shortcut combinations for custom apps