After the release of the second Developer Preview of Android 12 it's finally time to set your sights on OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 dedicated to OnePlus 9 e 9 Pro, the latest tops of the Chinese brand: below you will find all the news of the update, together with the download links.
The OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 debuts on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro | All the news
In the past few hours, Google has kicked off the release of the AOSP source code for Android 12 and consequently here is also the OnePlus Open Beta program. At this turn I am OnePlus 9 e 9 Pro to receive the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1, the first incarnation of the company's new proprietary interface. Now it is possible to test the complete integration with OPPO's ColorOS, at the moment only on the latest flagships (other models will follow, of course). Below is the complete changelog of the update, along with a list of known bugs.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, using a design inspired by brand new materials and blending lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, providing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for cards, making data content easier to read
- Newly added earphone control board with one click adjustment of Bluetooth earphones
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, which allows you to search for more content on your phone, including apps, settings, media data, and so on
- OnePlus Watch tab just added to the shelf, to easily take a look at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to easily switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic switching of Work / Life mode, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles based on customization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between layouts with a gesture (pinch with two fingers), intelligently recognizing the best quality images and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more enjoyable
- AOD Canvas
- The AOD's Canvas feature offers new different styles of lines and colors, for an even more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring images
- More recently added brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved facial recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Some third-party apps have not been adapted to the latest version of Android and may not work properly
- The camera may be frozen and unstable at times
- It may not be possible to receive SMS and calls
- Bluetooth headsets may fail to connect and play music
- CPU information is displayed incorrectly
- Buttons in the Gallery may not work properly
- Screen recordings may not be saved in some cases
As you have seen, therefore, there are some defects: basically it is a beta version and obviously you have to take into account any instability problems.
OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro: how to download and install the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 | Download
Having made the above premise, the Chinese company has made available the firmware for both models, which can be downloaded and installed freely. Find links to download for free area of OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 below, for both the OnePlus 9 and the older brother 9 Pro.
For the roll back, below you will find the packages to download and flash on your smartphone.
How to install the OxygenOS Open Beta after downloading
The installation procedure of the OxygenOS Open Beta is the same for all OnePlus smartphone models listed here. Once you have downloaded the corresponding ZIP file, you need to move it to the root folder of the device's internal memory. At this point go to the section "System updates”From Settings and click on the gear icon at the top right. In the options that will appear, select "Local update”And select the Open Beta you copied to your smartphone.
Once the installation is complete, you will have your OxygenOS Open Beta running on the OnePlus smartphone. From now on you will receive an OTA notification when a new Beta version is eventually available. In order to avoid possible problems, moving from OxygenOS Stable to Open Beta we recommend that you make a backup and then format the memory to have a "cleaner" installation.⭐️ Follow and support GizChina su Google News : click on the star to insert us in the favoritesi .