With the arrival of Android 12, various manufacturers have begun to release the first ROMs, as in the case of OnePlus. We also find the new version of the Google OS Xiaomi, as well as OPPO, Realme, iQOO, ASUS e TCL. But in this article we focus on the compatible devices of Pete Lau's company, namely OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, for which the Android 12 ROM is now available Developer Preview.
Upgrade 28 / 09: the new release of Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro has started. Find all the details at the end of the article.
Android 12 Beta for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro: all the details
The race to Android 12 it has begun and all the main Chinese brands are ready to have their say. OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro received Android 12 Developer Preview very recently, complete with download links, installation instructions and the possibility of rollback. Obviously this is an experimental release that could bring some problems (which actually happened, so read on). At the moment the following defects are found:
- The video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are not available
- Some UI screens were presented incorrectly
- Some apps may not work as expected
- System stability problems
Also all data is erased during the build flash operation. The risk of brick of your OnePlus device is very high and for the moment there are no download links. For all the details read on.
Problems with Android 12 and OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro: what's going on?
A member of the OnePlus team announced that they have temporarily stopped the download of Android 12 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. The reason is obvious: the user feedback has not been at all exciting with various brick problems. Of course, you can reset your device via EDL mode but it still remains a serious headache. For this reason the developers preferred to pause the release which will resume once the problems have been fixed.
Roll-out resumes | Update 03/06
It took a few days longer than expected, but the roll-out that brings Android 12 Beta to OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro has officially restarted. The OxygenOS development team has released a new software build corrected by the problems encountered with its first version. However, the bugs reported above remain. If you want to install the ROM, find all the instructions in the dedicated thread.
Developer Preview 2 starts | Update 28/09
Months after the first release, availability for Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for the duo made up of OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Here's what's new:
- Optimized the auto brightness algorithm to adapt the screen brightness to multiple scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized the mis-touch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches
- New design
- Added widgets that show key app information and provide instant access to features
- Optimized page layout and presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Convenience and efficiency
- Added quick change of floating windows, to make the operation more convenient
- Optimize frame rate performance in heavily used scenes
- Added the function that supports customizing the camera mode display order
- Optimized the zoom experience, made smoother
- Added graph shape to display battery usage
- New support for pre-loading frequently used apps to activate them quickly
- Improved the response speed of turning Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode and NFC on or off
Like all experimental ROMs, even the new Android 12 Developer Preview brings with it some problems for the two OnePlus smartphones.
- The camera does not support Xpan and contains some stability issues
- The Camera app does not contain any Hasselblad elements
- This version does not support screenshot scrolling
- The Bluetooth connection icon is displayed abnormally
- The charging icon is displayed abnormally
- Cloud service is not available (India)
- This version does not fit some third party apps
- The included Google Phone app does not have call recording functionality
- Three-finger swipe-down gesture or three-finger long press gesture after using the screen recorder. This can be overcome by pressing the power button and volume down button at the same time instead of taking the screenshot.
The above warnings remain valid, including the risk of bricking the phone. If you still want to try the new release, if you already have Developer Preview 1, you will soon receive the OTA update notification. If you need to install it for the first time, then I refer you to the dedicated thread.⭐️ Discover the GizChina Advent Calendar with 25 super offers to unveil every day until Christmas .