Here we are: the roll-out of the long-awaited is officially starting MIUI 12.5 by the Xiaomi developer team. Until today, in fact, those who wanted to try the news of the new MIUI version had to necessarily rely on Beta ROMs. But with the advent of spring, the releases of the Stable version of the ROM that we will find on Xiaomi, Redmi e POCO. And as I have already done with the MIUI 12, I decided to create a new article where you can find the download link for all the available ROMs.
You can find them both in Fastboot and Recovery, giving you both possibilities for manual installation. In both cases, find the installation guide at the bottom of the article. As usual, in the event that the update released is not final, you will find the wording indicated Stable Beta. For those who do not know what they are, they are a cross between Beta and Stable ROMs. Once the Beta Testing phase is over, you get those ROMs that are defined in jargon as "Release Candidate", that is, ready for roll-out. They are technically final and public-ready ROMs, but they may still have some bugs and therefore are released as Stable Beta to those who are part of beta testing. You can still install them manually, but at your own risk.
Last update: 3 May
MIUI 12.5 Stable: all versions available for the various Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO
Within this article you will gradually find all the versions of the MIUI 12.5 available for the various models: Global, EEE e China. For the moment, since we are still at the beginning, you will find very few models but they will be added gradually. Those indicated without download links mean that they are officially planned but for which the update has not yet been released. In case your model is not listed, it means that it is not expected to receive the update for the moment. But that may change in the future, so keep following us to stay updated on that.
|Xiaomi Mi 11||Internal tests||(EEA)|
|V220.127.116.11.RKBCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro|
|Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra||V18.104.22.168.RKACNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 11i|
|Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 10||V22.214.171.124.RJBCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro||V126.96.36.199.RJACNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra||V188.8.131.52.RJJCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition (Lite Zoom)||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 10S|
|Xiaomi Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 9||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 9 SE||V184.108.40.206.RFBCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 9T||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 8||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 SE||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 10 / Mi Note 10 Pro||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 3|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 3||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9||V220.127.116.11.RFCCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9e||Internal tests|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition||V18.104.22.168.RFECNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro||Internal tests|
|Redmi K40||V22.214.171.124.RKHCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Redmi K40 Pro / K40 Pro +||V126.96.36.199.RKKCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Redmi K40 Gaming||V188.8.131.52.RKJCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Redmi K30||Internal tests|
|Redmi K30 5G||Internal tests|
|Redmi K30i 5G||Internal tests|
|Redmi K30 Ultra||Internal tests|
|Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom|
|Redmi K30S||V184.108.40.206.RJDCNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Redmi K20||Internal tests|
|Redmi K20 Pro||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 10|
|Redmi Note 10 5G|
|Redmi Notes 10S||Released|
|Notes redmi 10 Pro||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 10 Pro Max|
|Redmi Note 9 4G|
|Redmi Note 9 5G||V220.127.116.11.RJECNXM (China) Stable Beta||Recovery||-|
|Redmi Note 9||Internal tests|
|Redmi Notes 9S||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 9T||Internal tests|
|Notes redmi 9 Pro|
|Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 9 Pro Max|
|Redmi Note 8||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 8T|
|Notes redmi 8 Pro||Internal tests|
|Redmi Note 7||Internal tests|
|Notes redmi 7 Pro||Internal tests|
|Redmi 10X 4G||Internal tests|
|Redmi 10X||Internal tests|
|Redmi 10X Pro||Internal tests|
|POCO F2 Pro|
|POCO X3 NFC||Internal tests|
|POCO X3 Pro|
The capillarization work continues MIUI 12.5 Stable with the official release on board Xiaomi Mi 10 e We 10 Pro. The two former top of the range queue up to Mi 10 Ultra, officially the first smartphone among all those expected to have received the major update. And after Mi 11 and Mi 9 SE, the last generation flagships also begin to receive the long-awaited update of the Xiaomi UI.
The roll-out of MIUI 12.5 for owners of Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro starts
We remind you that we are still in the preliminary phase of spreading MIUI 12.5, therefore all the updates released so far are in version Stable Beta. It makes no difference the update arrived on Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, in both cases the MIUI 18.104.22.168 China, therefore mainly addressed to users in the mother country. Recall that China ROMs have no Italian language, as well as no Google services and various apps designed for China. Furthermore, the Stable Beta ROM is basically the final version of the ROM, initially released to users who are part of the Beta program. In the event that no software bugs are reported, then the same ROM is gradually released to all users in the world. Before the MIUI 12.5 Global and EEA it will take several weeks and you will find them in our dedicated article:
How to install MIUI 12.5
For the moment, the MIUI 12.5 is only available in the form of a China Stable ROM, therefore without Italian language and with Google services absent by default. This means that, if you have a Global or EEA ROM, to switch to the China branch you will necessarily have to do it first unlocking the bootloader. Once unlocked, you will need to switch to TWRP custom recovery compatible with your model in order to install the ROM. These steps involve the formatting memory, so make a backup of the data you want to keep if necessary.
At this point, download the Recovery ROM for your smartphone and copy it to its internal memory. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Turn off your smartphone and start it in Fastboot mode
- Connect it to the PC via USB
- In the ADB folder (usually "platform tools") Hold down the Shift key, right-click on an empty spot and select"Open PowerShell window here"
- Enter the command "fastboot devices " to verify that the smartphone is correctly revealed (an alphanumeric string should appear)
- Enter the command "fastboot boot recovery twrp.img"(Instead of" twrp "enter the exact name of the TWRP file you are using) and press Enter while holding the Volume Up key to start the smartphone in TWRP mode
- From the TWRP screen click on "install”And select the Recovery ROM file
- Start the installation procedure and restart your smartphone
MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- Gesture response is now instant
- With 20x more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on screen.
- With custom adjustments based on device model, any phone gets faster after the update.
- MIUI becomes lighter, faster and more durable.
- System animations
- A new animation framework makes movement more realistic.
- The new UI design focuses on realistic visualization and interaction with the device.
- System sounds
- Nature mix is an exciting new way to create your own notification sound system.
- Hundreds of system sounds representing animals from all over the world.
- Stereo system sounds.
- Super Wallpaper
- Super Wallpaper of Mount Siguniang.
- Privacy protection
- You can now see which apps access your clipboard and control access to them.
- Using the approximate location adds points to privacy protection.
- You can manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- The behavior of web pages is also monitored, which helps you block unwanted and harmful actions.
- It is up to you to decide who and when to monitor your online behavior.
- All apps now come with a GetApps security statement.
- Privacy Risk Scanner.
- Check which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- A complete overview of all sensitive permissions.
- You will be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and can block corresponding actions.
- A brand new page on privacy protection.
- Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New tools for scribbling and drawing.
- Press and hold a sketch to automatically adjust the strokes.
- A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks and excerpts anywhere.
- Excerpts save texts, URLs and images in Notes with just a few simple taps.
- Dynamic layouts take typography in Notes to a new level.
- Completely new notes.
- MIUI +
- You can combine your phone and computer in one workstation.
- You can view MIUI notifications and open phone apps on your computer.
- Apps from the phone can be transferred to the computer.
- Items copied to a phone can now be pasted to the computer and vice versa.
- Photos and screenshots from a mobile device can be used immediately on a computer.
- Web pages can be seamlessly transferred from one device to another.
- You can transfer files to your mobile device using the “MIUI +” panel of your computer.
- New “File Manager” and “Notes” for computer.
- Mobile windows
- Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- Floating windows can be quickly replaced with full-screen versions of apps.
- App flashcards show key information when apps are displayed as floating windows.
- Learn more about the new features in “Special Features”.
- Xiaomi Health
- You can now measure your heart rate using the camera.
- Start recording your running, walking and cycling workouts manually and enjoy many online training lessons.
- Automatic training recognition is now much more accurate.
- Home screen
- "Ripples" animation for app download.
- "Burst" animation for uninstalling apps.
- New design for app folders.
- A vertical layout for Recent.
- The aspect ratio is automatically adjusted on the external monitor during transmission.
- App audio that is streamed in a floating window is separate from the other audio.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- The password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- You can share the location of the device with other people in your family sharing group.
- Location information can be recorded automatically before the device turns off.
- Convert images to PDF.
- Mi Carrier
- You can now manage multiple SIM cards.
- A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scroll bar.
- Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- You can hold down the function buttons to access more functions.
- Custom keyboard themes.
- Third party font weight adjustment options.
- Customization features for system wallpapers, animations and sounds.
- Wallpaper customization in Lite mode.
- Redesigned Incognito Mode.
- Pages load much faster now.
- Mi Family
- You can now manage multiple SIM cards.
- Refurbished Device Control Center.
- Local search results are now sorted automatically.
- All new design.