La MIUI 12.5 approaches, but continues the update with MIUI 12.1 e MIUI 12.2 for different smartphones Xiaomi e Redmi. The development team created an intermediate version of the latest UI, to coincide with the release of Android 11. Even if we are already talking about the future Android 12, the current major update from Google is continuing to spread, first on the top of the range and then also on mid-range and lower-end models. Precisely for this reason I decided to create an ad hoc article, where you can find the download link with the latest versions available.
Below you will find all the various devices for which the MIUI 12.1 and 12.2 is available, both in version Global, EEE e China Stable. Over time I will continue to update this guide, gradually inserting the latest versions that will be released by Xiaomi. In the case of temporary releases, you will find the indication Stable Beta to specify that it is not the definitive firmware for the public. We remind you, however, that the Stable Beta ROMs are in effect the final firmware, released to a small circle of users: if no significant bugs are reported, the same ROM is then released to everyone.
Last updated: April 30st
MIUI 12.1 and 12.2: all versions available for Xiaomi and Redmi
All the news
Since these are passing versions, both the MIUI 12.1 and the 12.2 do not upset the general experience of Xiaomi, aiming to improve some aspects. How we treated in the dedicated article, the UI received new animations for charging and unlocking with a fingerprint on smartphones with sensor in the display. The same also applies to theAlways-On Display, therefore news dedicated to smartphones with OLED screens. Other aesthetic improvements concern App Vault, the side screen (which we have replaced by Google Discover), with more rounded shapes than on previous releases. Even the app weather has been updated, with new animations and the ability to consult saved cities with more convenience.
Moving on to the functional innovations, with MIUI 12.1 and 12.2 one has been added secure keyboard. When you are typing a password, the Xiaomi UI ensures that the numbers are sorted each time randomly, preventing possible data theft phenomena. There are also various other news: new Super Wallpaper, LHDC V3 codec, Dark Theme and Split-Screen in the Second Space, blood pressure in the Health app, OpenGL and Vulkan GPU drivers, delete a screenshot after sharing it, change the area of the awakening of the Quick Ball, new photo filters, gallery layout change and more.
We remind you that for some smartphone models Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO the update procedure has been started MIUI 12.5. The table shows the models for which the update is already available, which you can download from our dedicated article.
|Xiaomi Mi 10||V126.96.36.199.RJBMIXM (Global) Stable Beta||Fastboot|| |
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro||V188.8.131.52.RJAMIXM (Global)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra||V184.108.40.206.RJJCNXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot||✓|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite 5G||V220.127.116.11.RJIMIXM (Global)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition (Lite Zoom)||V18.104.22.168.RJVCNXM (China)||Recovery|
|Xiaomi Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro||V22.214.171.124.RJDMIXM (Global)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 10/10 Pro||V126.96.36.199.RFDMIXM (Global)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite||V188.8.131.52.RFNMIXM (Global)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro||V184.108.40.206.RFDCNXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Redmi K30||V220.127.116.11.RGHCNXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Redmi K30 5G||V18.104.22.168.RGICNXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Redmi K30i 5G||V22.214.171.124.RGICMXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|Redmi K30 Pro / Zoom||V126.96.36.199.RJKCNXM (China)||Recovery|
|Redmi K30S||V188.8.131.52.RJDCNXM (China)||Recovery||✓|
|Redmi K20||V184.108.40.206.RFJCNXM (China)||Recovery||Fastboot|
|POCO F2 Pro||V220.127.116.11.RJKMIXM (Global)||Recovery|
How to install MIUI 12.1 / 12.2 Stable
The procedures you find below are generic for Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO: it is possible (but rare) that a model may have a slightly different procedure. The Recovery ROMs you find above are ZIP files from install locally or via modality recovery (be it stock or TWRP). Alternatively, you can rely on Fastboot ROMs with the third procedure.
- Local mode
- Transfer the ZIP file of the Recovery ROM to the main memory of the smartphone, inside the folder "downloaded_rom"(If it wasn't there, create it)
- Go to "System Settings / Info", Click on the MIUI logo, then on the 3 dots at the top right and select"Choose the upgrade package"(If not, go to the next method)
- Select the Recovery ROM ZIP file and run the installation
- Recovery mode
- Rename the downloaded Recovery ROM file to "update.zip”(Without quotes) and move it to the root folder of the smartphone memory
- Restart the smartphone in Recovery mode: to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Up key for a few seconds when turned off
- In Recovery mode, scroll with the volume keys and select the option "Install update.zip”By pressing the Power key
- Run the installation and restart your smartphone
- Fastboot mode
- Download MiFlash Tool, extract the archive and install the software
- Restart the smartphone in Fastboot mode: to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down key for a few seconds when turned off
- Connect the smartphone to the PC
- Start MiFlash Tool, click on "Select"And select the folder"firmware”In the Fastboot ROM folder
- Click on "Clean all", Set next to"flash_all.bat"And then on"Flash”At the top right to start the installation