Western owners of Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro e Mate 20 X they are receiving the update to EMUI 11Global. At the end of 2020 the beta testing, which is finally about to follow the update in a stable manner. In China the definitive update to the latest version of the EMUI has already arrived, while in Europe everything is proceeding slowly. After promising the release of the major update during this quarter, the roll-out has officially started on the Global markets.
The EMUI 11 arrives on the Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X in western markets
The update in question concerns the same EMUI 220.127.116.11 build for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X. On the latter it seems that it was only released for the 4G model, but for the 5G one it would be a matter of days. There is still no date for Europe: since "March" was initially mentioned as a useful period, it is possible that it will arrive in at least a week.
EMUI 11 - Changelog
- Smart Always On Display: Refine the user experience and introduce new visual elements to the AOD, allowing you to customize and showcase your personal style by adding text and images that will appear when the screen is off.
- Artistic theme: Adds the Starry Night theme, with bright colors. (You can apply this theme in the Themes app.)
- Multi-Window Mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can reposition the floating window to the desired position or reduce it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animations: All-new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified and visually pleasing user experience when tapping items or scrolling across the screen.
- Delicate effect: Regardless of whether you're turning toggles on or off, the effects have been improved across the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super NotepadNotepad now supports editing notes from multiple Huawei devices at the same time. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note you are editing on your tablet.
- Lasting uniformity: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving the speed of app launches and the fluidity of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been updated, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations gives you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen collaboration: This is a special feature that allows your devices to work together to reach their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop screen to enhance your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with PC manager version 11.0 or later.)
- Gallery- In the Discover tab of the Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. Video editing features are enhanced by providing further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode on your Huawei laptop, incoming messages and calls are only displayed on the phone screen, protecting your privacy and ensuring continuity of screen projection.
- note pad Privacy: This allows you to pin notes in Notepad.
- Privacy in sharing photos: This allows you to remove the shooting location, time, and device information from photos before sharing them.