Redmi Note 9 "marline"Is one of the many models in the series, but it is one of the most popular thanks to its very low price and we are sure many want to mod it: you want to do it unlocking the bootloader, install the TWRP and get permission to root? Then this is the guide for you. Below I will explain step by step how to perform all these procedures, in order to open the way for modding on your smartphone.
IMPORTANT: the procedure described presents complex operations which, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is recommended to make a backup.
Redmi Note 9: here's how to unlock bootloader, TWRP and root permissions
CAUTION: following the latest directives from Xiaomi, DO NOT INSTALL MY PREVIOUS TO THE ALREADY INSTALLED. This is due to the Anti-Rollback mechanism initiated by the company's software team. Even if it does not affect all the models currently on the market, with the passage of time these will increase. therefore We strongly urge you to check the list of smartphones with Anti-Rollback before proceeding to flash other ROMs.
Unblocking the bootloader
As usual, the first step is to take unlocking the bootloader. The other prerequisites include a PC with ADB and Fastboot, a USB cable for connecting the smartphone to the PC and the battery to at least al 75%, in order to avoid possible problems.
TWRP installation on Redmi Note 9
First of all, download the TWRP custom recovery from this link. Once downloaded, move the IMG file to the ADB folder.
- With the smartphone off, press the Power + Volume Down button together to start it in Fastboot mode
- Connect it to the PC
- In the "adb" folder hold down the Shift key, right-click on an empty spot and select "Open PowerShell window here"The "Open a command window here" (depending on which version of Windows you have)
- To check that the smartphone is connected correctly, enter the command "fastboot devices " an alphanumeric string like this should appear
- Write "fastboot flash recovery -namefile-. Img”To start the TWRP installation
PS: instead of -filename- you should write the name of the TWRP file to install. This is because renewed versions of TWRP could be released, with a different name from the previous one. asd
- After the installation, holding down the Volume + key, enter the command "fastboot reboot" to restart it in TWRP mode
How to have root permissions
Now that you have TWRP custom recovery installed, you can get root permissions with Magisk and use LazyFlasher to avoid possible boot blocks. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download the various files of Magisk e LazyFlasher and copy them to the smartphone memory
- From off, press the Power + Volume Down button together to start it in TWRP mode
- Click on "install”, Search the memory for the“ Magisk-vXX.X.zip file and install it
- Restart your phone in TWRP mode
- Select "install”, Do the same with LazyFlasher
- Restart the phone and use the app Magisk Manager to verify that the root was successful