Many Xiaomi and Redmi models are receiving the update to MIUI 12 as per calendar and among these now also included redmi 9. The first round of updates via OTA has now ended and we are now moving on to the second wave of updates arriving on other models. The latter starts in conjunction with the beginning of August, starting with the Chinese units of the low-cost Redmi 9.
Upgrade 25 / 01: it's time to upgrade to MIUI 12 EEA Stable also for Redmi 9. We'll talk about it at the end of the article.
The update with the MIUI 12 Stable begins to make its way on Redmi 9
Da poco arrived in Italy, together with 9A, 9C and 9AT, Redmi 9 is receiving the update to MIUI 126.96.36.199 China Stable. For now, nothing to do, therefore, for Western users who usually use the Global and EEA ROMs. During the month of August we will see the roll-out via OTA also for us Europeans, although it should take a few more weeks.
Global Stable released | Update 26/11
After months of waiting, the MIUI 12 Global Stable was released for owners of Redmi 9. The news brought by MIUI 12 are different and you can find them illustrated in detail in the dedicated article, along with the official release roadmap.
The EEA Stabile also arrives | Update 25/01
It took longer than hoped for, but finally the MIUI 12 EEA Stable is also being released in Europe for Redmi 9. The roll-out has officially started, so it shouldn't be long in coming to your model too. Like all ROMs of the genre, you can install by going to recovery mode. GizChina staff is not responsible if problems arise from the installation.
How to install the MIUI 12 Stable
Recovery ROMs are ZIP files which can be installed locally or via modality recovery (both stock and TWRP).
- Local mode
- Transfer the ZIP file to your smartphone in the "downloaded_rom”Of the main memory, create it if it is not there
- Go in "Settings / About Phone / System Update", Click on the 3 dots at the top right and select"Choose Update Package"(If not, click on the MIUI logo 10 times in the previous screen)
- Select the ZIP file and install it
- Recovery mode
- Rename the downloaded file to "update.zip”And move it to the root directory of the memory in the smartphone
- Restart the smartphone in recovery mode by holding down the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time
- Scrolling with the volume keys and select the option "Install update.zip”By pressing the Power button
- Install it and choose "reboot”In case it doesn't restart by itself