The release of the update continues EMUI 11 Stable, with the roll-out also taking hold on Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro + e Mate 30 Pro. A few days after the start of the roll-out for the previous one P30 series, the release plan of the latest major update of the Asian house continues. The month of December will be crucial for its diffusion in the West: the EMUI 11 was already available on P40 and Mate 30 in China, while only now it is also arriving in Europe.
Huawei P50 and P50 Pro with HarmonyOS? The doubts of the insiders
The EMUI 11 Stable also arrives on Huawei P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro + and Mate 30 Pro
Both in the case of Huawei P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro + and in that of Mate 30 Pro, the update to the EMUI 11 Stable contains the firmware EMUI 22.214.171.124, weighing 2,37 GB. The roll-out has started for both those who participated in the Beta Testing and those who are stuck at the latest version of the EMUI 10.1 Stable.
After China, the EMUI 11 Stable also started in Europe, primarily for Germany and the United Kingdom, as well as Russia and Turkey. It should only be a matter of hours before it arrives in Italy too: in case you received the notification, please let us know in the comments below.
In the meantime, we remind you that on the P40 and Mate 30 series the Harmony OS 2.0 Beta Testing, seen in action in the very first videos.
EMUI 11 - Changelog
- Always On Display (AOD): AOD allows users to customize their screen and show their personal style by adding text and images to the lock screen.
- Multi-Window Mode: Multi-Window allows you to open apps in a floating window for multitasking. You can reposition the floating window to the desired position or reduce it to a floating bubble for easier access later.
- Smoother animations: All-new, intuitive animations throughout EMUI 11 create a smoother, more unified and visually pleasing user experience when tapping items or scrolling across the screen.
- Delicate effect: Regardless of whether you're turning toggles on or off, the effects have been improved across the OS for greater visual satisfaction.
- Super NotepadNotepad now supports editing notes from multiple Huawei devices at the same time. For example, you can insert a photo from your phone to the note you are editing on your tablet.
- Lasting uniformity: A new standard for system animations has been introduced, improving the speed of app launches and the fluidity of general operations.
- Rhythmic ringtones: System vibration has been updated, and incoming calls and alarms now have their own custom vibration patterns. The combination of stereo sounds and coordinated vibrations gives you a more immersive experience.
- Multi-screen collaboration: This is a special feature that allows your devices to work together to reach their full potential. You can mirror your phone to your laptop screen to enhance your productivity with up to three windows readily available. (This feature requires a Huawei laptop installed with PC manager version 11.0 or later.)
- Gallery- In the Discover tab of the Gallery, you can create video stories by applying preset templates with special effects and background music. Video editing features are enhanced by providing further instructions on how to use the timeline and editing options.
- Undisturbed screen protection: When you project your phone in Do Not Disturb mode on your Huawei laptop, incoming messages and calls are only displayed on the phone screen, protecting your privacy and ensuring continuity of screen projection.