Despite the debut of the new models of the series I 10T, the mid-range of the moment is certainly the latest device POCO, smartphone appreciated by enthusiasts due to its renewed design, super reliable specifications and particularly greedy selling price. In short, a real one best buy that has conquered everyone (even us, here you find our review). If you have chosen to focus on this device and want to try your hand at modding, here's how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and get permission to root with Magisk on board of POCO X3NFC.
POCO X3 NFC: how to unlock bootloader, install TWRP and get root permissions with Magisk
- ADB and Fastboot drivers
- Mi Unlook Tool (find everything in the guide below)
- Make sure the battery is above 60%
- Back up your data
- TWRP (currently only Unofficial)
IMPORTANT: the procedure described presents complex operations which, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is recommended to make a backup.
Procedure for unlocking the bootloader on POCO X3NFC
To get it unlocking the bootloader di POCO X3NFC just follow all the steps explained in detail in our guide. The other prerequisites - as indicated poco above - include a Windows PC with ADB and Fastboot (restart if you have just installed them) and a USB cable to connect the smartphone to the PC, which must have the battery at least at 60 / 75%, to avoid possible problems. Below you will find the link to the complete guide, with all the details on the unlocking procedure.
Guide to unlocking Xiaomi bootloader
How to install TWRP and get root permissions on POCO X3NFC
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of POCO X3 NFC you just have to install TWRP and get the root permissions means Magisk. Download the recovery via the link in the Prerequisites and move the file to the ADB folder on your PC.
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Press together Power + Volume Down button to enter the Fastboot mode;
- Connect the smartphone to the PC;
- In the "adb" folder, hold down the Shift key, click with the right mouse button and select "Open PowerShell window here"Or "Open a command window here" (depending on which version of Windows you have);
- Check that the smartphone is detected with the command "fastboot devices", Following which an alphanumeric string should appear with the inscription"fastboot";
- Write "fastboot flash recovery -namefile-. Img"To start the TWRP installation;
PS: instead of -filename- you should write the name of the TWRP file to install.
- After the installation, write "fastboot reboot" and, as it restarts, hold down the Volume + key to enter TWRP mode.
Now you just need to install Magisk to get root permissions. Below you will find all the steps.
- Download Magisk (link in Prerequisites) and copy it to the phone memory;
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Press together Power + Volume Down button to enter the TWRP screen;
- Confirm the change request at the first start;
- Select "install", Look for the Magisk file in memory and install it;
- Reboot the phone and open Magisk Manager to verify that the root was successful.
That's it: now yours POCO X3NFC is ready to welcome custom ROMs, mods and so on.⭐️ Discover the new Weekly Flyer of GizChina with always different exclusive offers and coupons.