Lo Xiaomi mi 10 ultra could arrive in Europe, but when in doubt we want to explain how to install the custom ROM developed by the team Xiaomi.eu. Being a model designed with exclusively the Chinese audience in mind, only the Mi 10 Ultra is available MIUI 12 China Stable. If it ever leaves the borders of the motherland, a MIUI 12 Global and / or EEA will also be created, filing the "defects" of the Chinese ROM. In the meantime, thanks to the work done by the guys of Xiaomi.eu we can have a ROM with Italian language, Google services and without the superfluous apps for us Westerners.
IMPORTANT: the procedure described presents complex operations which, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is recommended to make a backup.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Xiaomi.eu: here's how to install the "westernized" ROM
Unblocking the bootloader
The first step to take with Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, as with any other Xiaomi device, is unlocking the bootloader. Without it it is not possible to continue with the installation procedure of a custom ROM as in the case of Xiaomi.eu. Find the general guide on our dedicated page.
TWRP custom recovery installation
Once the Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra bootloader is unlocked, the next step is to install a custom recovery like the TWRP. A first (unofficial) version can be found here:
Get a Windows PC with ADB and Fastboot (restart if you have just installed them) and a USB cable to connect the smartphone to the PC, which must have the battery at least at 75%, to avoid possible problems. Once the TWRP has been downloaded, move the file to the ADB folder (as a rule "C: \ adb").
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Press the Power + Volume Down button together to enter Fastboot mode;
- Connect the smartphone to the PC;
- In the "adb" folder, hold down the Shift key, click with the right mouse button and select "Open PowerShell window here"Or "Open a command window here" (depending on which version of Windows you have);
- Check that the smartphone is detected with the command "fastboot devices", Following which an alphanumeric string should appear with the inscription"fastboot";
- Write "fastboot flash recovery -namefile-. Img"To start the TWRP installation;
PS: instead of -filename- you should write the name of the TWRP file to install. This is because renewed versions of the TWRP could be released, with a different name from the previous one.
- After the installation, write "fastboot reboot" and, as it restarts, hold down the Volume + key to enter TWRP mode.
Xiaomi.eu ROM installation
At this point your Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra is ready to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
- From off, press and hold the Power + Volume Up button to enter TWRP mode;
- We advise you to do "Wipe / Format Data”To erase all data and thus perform a clean installation;
- Select "Mount“, Connect the smartphone to the PC and copy the custom ROM that you can to its internal memory download at this link;
- Click on “Install”, select the ZIP file of the ROM and swipe down to start the installation (it will take a few minutes);
- After the installation, select "Wipe cache / dalvik", Swipe down (it will take a few more minutes) and finally click on"Reboot System".
If you did everything right, the installation is now complete.⭐️ Discover the new Weekly Flyer of GizChina with always different exclusive offers and coupons.