Fresh off official presentation, it Xiaomi mi 10 ultra presents itself in an immediately impactful way, climbing to the top of the ranking of DxOMark. The new Xiaomi flagship is equipped with a photographic sector never seen before, an evolution of the approach adopted with the previous top of the range. The already handsome is thus undermined Huawei P40 Pro, as well as home exponents Honor e OPPO.
First let's see what is the hardware configuration of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra:
- Primary from 48 MP f/1.85, 1 / 1.32 ″, PDAF and OIS
- 2x telephoto lens from 12 MP f/ 2, 1 / 2.56 ″, Dual Pixel
- 5x telephoto lens from 48 MP f/4.1, 1 / 2 ″, PDAF and OIS
- Wide angle from 20 MP f/2.2, 1 / 2.8 ″, PDAF
To reach the incredible milestone that is the 120x zoom, therefore, a double configuration was chosen for the telephoto lens. The one with periscopial structure with 5x optical zoom is flanked by a more canonical one, with 2x optical zoom. Furthermore, it Snapdragon 865 makes it possible to make videos 8K 4320p at 30 fps and 4K 2160p a 60 fps.
Xiaomi: the rotating camera makes its appearance in the patents
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra debuts with a bang on DxOMark and wins first place
We are live on YouTube to follow the event that is underway: the examination of Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra begins about 2 hours after the start of the live broadcast
The high score achieved by Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra is allowed by an excellent balance between hardware and software. The camera used does well in all the most important parameters, including exposure, color rendition, white balance and dynamic range.
Benefiting from this is the HDR mode, with well-exposed shots in both light and dark areas. The Bokeh mode is also very good, with a 2x telephoto lens that gives a very natural look. Very comfortable on wide-angle lens used, whose 12mm focal length offers one of the largest FoV ever seen.
As for zoom, the 120mm maximum focal length offers a enviable image quality. Even zooming a lot does not have excessive losses in terms of image sharpness and noise. It goes without saying that all of this, combined with optical stabilization, means that the shots at night return high-level images. But it doesn't end there. Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra also proved to be the best in the video field, with a DxOMark score of 106. The clips made in 4K at 60 fps, with fluid and well-captured movements, were much appreciated.
Here, then, is how the DxOMark ranking is now composed:
- 130 - Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- 128 - Huawei P40 Pro
- 125 - Honor 30 Pro +
- 124 - OPPO Find X2 Pro / Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
- 123 - Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- 122 - Honor V30 Pro / Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- 121 - Huawei Mate 30 Pro / Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition
- 118 - Samsung Galaxy S20 +
- 117 - Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G / Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- 116 - Huawei P30 Pro / OPPO Reno 10x Zoom / Samsung Galaxy S10 5G