Last August Xiaomi launched the mid-range on the market Redmi Note 8 (here you find our review), smartphone equipped with the SoC Snapdragon 665, equipped with a 6.3 ″ Full HD + display with drop notch and powered by a 4.000 mAh battery. The device immediately gained a place in the hearts of fans of the Chinese brand, also receiving a version 8T, equipped with NFC. You want to know how unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and get permission to root su Redmi Note 8 e 8T? Here you are served!
Redmi Note 8 / 8T: here's how to unlock the bootloader | Guide
Are you interested in modding yourself and discovering all the possibilities offered by the Xiaomi mid-range? Then below you can find all the details on how to unlock the bootloader di Redmi Note 8 e 8T, how to install the recovery TWRP (even if we are starting to make alternatives, albeit far) and how to obtain the permits root.
IMPORTANT: the procedure described presents complex operations which, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is recommended to make a backup.
To install TWRP and obtain root permissions, you will first need it unlock the bootloader, explained in detail in our guide. The other prerequisites include a Windows PC with ADB and Fastboot (restart your PC if you have just installed them) and a USB cable for connecting the smartphone to the PC, which must have at least the battery at the 75%, so as to avoid hitches.
Guide to unlocking Xiaomi bootloader
Install TWRP for Redmi Note 8 and 8T
The first important step is to download the TWRP recovery on PC, available from this link. Once downloaded, move the file to the ADB folder (as a rule "C: \ adb").
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Press together Power + Volume Down button to enter the Fastboot mode;
- Connect the smartphone to the PC;
- In the "adb" folder, hold down the Shift key, click with the right mouse button and select "Open PowerShell window here"Or "Open a command window here" (depending on which version of Windows you have);
- Check that the smartphone is detected with the command "fastboot devices", Following which an alphanumeric string should appear with the inscription"fastboot";
- Write "fastboot flash recovery -namefile-. Img"To start the TWRP installation;
PS: instead of -filename- you should write the name of the TWRP file to install. This is because renewed versions of the TWRP could be released, with a different name from the previous one.
- After completing the installation, write "Fastboot boot -namefile -im.img" to restart your smartphone in recovery mode. Once here you can select the Format Data option in Wipe to format the device data (and then delete all the data). Now reboot your smartphone directly from TWRP.
Get Root Permissions
Now that you have installed the recovery you can use it to get i root permissions on Redmi Note 8 and 8T, via Magisk. Here's how to do it in a few simple steps.
- download Magisk da here and transfer the file to the memory of your smartphone;
- enter recovery mode and from TWRP go to the Install section;
- here select the zip file of Magisk and proceed with the flash;
- restart the device.
Now you will have root permissions active on the device.⭐️ Discover the best deals online thanks to our exclusive Telegram channel.