Last November the Chinese airline announced its addition to the low cost range redmi 8, available for purchase also in Italy. The little Redmi house has received the attention of modding fans thanks also to support of the official TWRP recovery. However, it is not uncommon for users to find themselves in difficulty and do not know how to proceed in order to benefit from the recovery par excellence. You want to know how to install TWRP e obtain root permissions aboard your Redmi 8? Then read on!
How to get root permissions and install TWRP on Redmi 8 | Guide
For the less experienced, TWRP recovery is generally the first step towards the world of modding. It is a highly appreciated solution, which allows you to back up your system, obtain root permissions and install Custom ROM, Mod and whoever has more. But how to install TWRP on Redmi 8? Nothing could be simpler, even if you still have to proceed with caution!
IMPORTANT: the procedure described presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This procedure involves formatting the phone and the consequent loss of all data: it is advisable to make a backup.
- bootloader unlocked;
- have a PC and a USB cable available;
- make a complete backup of the flagship on an external support;
- download ed install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC;
- download Magisk, if you want to unlock the root permissions, and copy the file to the internal memory of the smartphone;
- download and install TWRP Recovery for the device (you can find it here);
- enable the developer options (Settings, Phone information and click 7 times on the MIUI version);
- enable USB debugging mode in the developer options;
- have at least the 60% remaining charge on your smartphone.
How to install TWRP: step by step guide for Redmi 8
- extract the ADB / Fastboot drivers in a folder on the PC and insert the recovery img file here (rename it twrp.img)
. In the folder open a Powershell window by holding down the Shift key on the keyboard and the right mouse button. Click Open Powershell window here.
- connect the Redmi 8 to the PC via the USB cable;
- turn off the smartphone;
- press and hold Volume + and the power button to enter Fastboot mode;
- in the Powershell window opened previously run the command
adb reboot bootloader
- now install the TWRP recovery via the command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- if you do NOT want to obtain root permissions, proceed with restarting the device with the following command
How to get root permissions on Redmi 8
- if you want to obtain root permissions, restart the smartphone in recovery mode using the following command (or with the combination Volume - and the power button)
adb reboot recovery
- backup your data if you deem it necessary;
- select Install in the TWRP recovery and select the Magisk.zip file present in the device memory;
- flash and confirm when prompted;
- once restarted, the Redmi 8 will present Magisk installed, complete with a dedicated application.
If you have followed all the steps correctly you will have successfully unlocked the root permissions, which can be managed through the Magisk app.
Discuss with us about the article and about it Xiaomi in groups Telegram e Facebook Dedicated!