If we were to elect the most beautiful smartphone of this 2018, surely it Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition it would be in the 10 top. In addition to highly respectable technical features, including Snapdragon 845, ID sensor in the display and face release, its peculiarity is represented by the aesthetics of the rear part. And in this new video teardown of JerryRigEverything we can see it in more detail.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition: here is the resistance test and teardown of JerryRigEverything
First of all, the good Jerry wanted to test the phone in his classic resistance test. The Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition came out very well compared to the competition. The only drawback is the lack of IP6X certification, although this is compensated for with a lower price.
But what captures the attention is undoubtedly the aesthetic aspect, starting from the red detail of the Power button. The glass back shell has a transparent finish, with black shades on the outer sides. Obviously we are shown how the decorations of the battery and motherboard are purely aesthetic, but this does not detract from the touch of class implemented by Xiaomi, which he already has previously confirmed that they were not real hardware components.
While waiting to bring you our review of the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition, do not miss the JerryRigEverything video!
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer - Data Sheet
- Samsung AMOLED display from 6.21 inches diagonal with resolution Full HD + (2160 x 1080 pixels) in format 18.7:9 with notch and with support to the allways-on display;
- 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 mm dimensions for 177 g;
- Qualcomm octa-core processor Snapdragon 845;
- Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU;
- 8 GB of RAM LPDDR4X;
- 128 GB internal memory UFS 2.1;
- fingerprint reader integrated into the display;
- dual camera back from 12 + 12 mega-pixel with pixel sizes from 1.4 μm, OIS to 4 Axis, dual pixel autofocus, AI portrait mode;
- front camera by 20 mega-pixel with f / 2.0 aperture and pixel size from 1.8 μm;
- infrared sensors and 3D with structured light dedicated to Face Unlock;
- support dual SIM 4G with 20 Band, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, IR port, Dual-frequency GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS;
- battery by 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 4.0 Quick Charge;
- operating system Android 8.1 Oreo with proprietary MIUI 10 interface.