The root permissions are certainly a fundamental step for the modding which, however, is certainly not comparable in importance to the presence of one custom recovery. After showing you how to unlock the bootloader and get root permissionstherefore, in this guide we will explain how to install the famous one TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6!
How to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6: here is our complete guide
The use of a custom recovery, we remember, allows the flash of zip packages not signed by the manufacturer (thus opening the doors to custom ROM and mod as Viper4Android, Xposed and Magisk) and is a powerful tool for backup and recovery of our phones. This version of TWRP it is however still under development and could present some bugs. In particular, the aroma installer, factory reset and system restore functions do not work on this unofficial version. And after this premise, let's find out how to install the note custom recovery on board your OnePlus 6 Brand new.
TWRP and OP6: prerequisites and complete procedure
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Install, if you do not already have system wide on your PC, adb and fastboot;
- Download the twrp.img file on your PC;
- Copy boot.img, root.zip, TWRP-BLUE-FIX.zip, and TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip to your phone;
- Open a command prompt (start and "CMD") and position yourself in the directory where you put the TWRP;
- launch the following commands:
if this command does not return anything you must verify that the drivers are installed correctly, otherwise proceed with the installation
adb reboot bootloader
will restart the device in fastboot mode
fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img fastboot boot twrp.img
will restart in TWRP recovery;
- Set the language in English (third square on the right, then press on the "globe" and change the language) and, if required, enter your screen lock PIN / password to access the memory;
- At this point, change the partition slot using the twrp [Restart -> Change_Slot] (for example, if you are in slot A, change it to slot B and vice versa);
- From the install menu select "install image", then the boot.img file and swipe to the right to install it;
- Install now (respecting the order) TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip, TWRP-BLUE-FIX.zip and Root.zip;
- Restart the smartphone.
You can find the complete guide also on our forum (section OnePlus 6), where our staff is always available in case of need or doubts. We also invite you to participate in the discussion and stay tuned for any updates on the procedure.
Do not miss any news, offer or review published on our site! Follow us on social networks to stay up-to-date in real time thanks to: