When you are talking about Force Touch the mind inevitably runs to Apple products, often neglecting the fact that equivalent technologies (based on pressure recognition exercised by the finger on the screen of our smartphone) are also available on Android. In this guide we will show you how it is possible, using root permissions, enable the Force Touch su Xiaomi Mi Note 3!
The function, in this case, it's already present on MIUI for Mi Note 3 but the Xiaomi developers have decided not to enable it by default. Using the root permissions, we will then modify a system file, unlocking the feature but exposing us to all the problems that could derive from a function that is not perfectly stable and well tested. Finally, the mod is only compatible with ROM based on MIUI and, given the continuous evolution of Xiaomi firmware, we can not guarantee its operation on all versions of the ROM.
How to enable the Force Touch on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 | Guide
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Root permissions;
- A file manager that allows access to the root, such as Root Explorer (available on the Play Store).
- Open the file manager you have chosen;
- Position yourself on the path / System / etc / device_features;
- Look for the jason.xl file in the folder;
- Make a backup copy of it in a different carton than the current one;
- Open /system/etc/device_features/jason.xl and look for the string "support_force_touch";
- Change the value from false to true to enable the force touch option;
- Save the file you just edited;
- Restart the device;
- When the restart is complete, the force touch will be enabled.
You can find the complete guide also on our forum (Xiaomi Mi Note 3 section), where our staff is always available in case of need or doubts. We also invite you to participate in the discussion and stay tuned for any updates on the procedure.
Discuss with us about the article and about it Xiaomi in groups Telegram e Facebook Dedicated!
Do not miss any news, offer or review published on our site! Follow us on social networks to stay up-to-date in real time thanks to: