Xiaomi Mi 6x is still a newcomer in the mobile telephony arena, but has already gathered the first admirers also in the world of modding. In the expectation that a TWRP recovery is released for this device, in fact, on the international Xiaomi forum a procedure has been get root permissions with Magisk. Here is our root guide for Xiaomi Mi 6X!
Thanks to the root permissions, we remind you, you can have full control over the device and, for example, remove the bloatware or other system apps preinstalled by the manufacturer. All these potentialities are added to these operations Magisk which, thanks to its modules, will open up a world of personalization.
How to get root permissions on Xiaomi Mi 6X | Guide
IMPORTANT: The procedure described in this guide presents complex operations that, if performed incorrectly, could damage your device. It is recommended to run only by users who have gained a good experience in modding. The staff of GizChina.it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Bootloader unlocked;
- PC and USB cable;
- ADB and fastboot installed;
- Magisk Manager;
- Have the rom boot.img file installed (if you are on the updated stock, just download and extract it the firmware zip).
Since at the time of writing this article there is no Global ROM for this model, we will do all the steps in English. First we will have to enable the "developer options":
- Go to settings → About phone ⇒ Plug-ins on "build number" 7 times to enable developer options;
- Go to settings → Developer options → select USB debugging;
- Go to settings → Developer options → select OEM unlock.
- Copy all downloaded files to the same folder;
- Start Magisk Manager;
- Click the "Install" button and then "Install" in the pop-up menu, then select "Download Zip Only";
- While waiting for the download, tap "Install", then select "Patch Boot Image File":
- Go to the folder where you copied the "boot.img" file and select it;
- The "patched_boot.img" file will then be created in the Magisk Manager folder;
- Connect the USB cable to the PC / laptop and transfer the patched image to it;
- Within the folder where you copied the image to the previous point, press Shift and right-click, then select "Open command window here";
- Launch the following commands:
to restart in fastboot;
to check the connection with the PC;
When restarting, simply open the Magisk Manager to check for root permissions.
You can find the complete guide also on our forum (Xiaomi Mi 6X section), where our staff is always available in case of need or doubts. We also invite you to participate in the discussion and stay tuned for any updates on the procedure.
Discuss with us about the article and about it Xiaomi in groups Telegram e Facebook Dedicated!
Do not miss any news, offer or review published on our site! Follow us on social networks to stay up-to-date in real time thanks to: