After months and months of waiting, the moment is finally arrived: lo Xiaomi Mi 5 arrived on the market, and these days we had our first contact with the terminal.
What we propose today is a first impression on the device in question, waiting for the full review that will arrive in the coming days. But no more talk, here's ours flash preview of the 5 Mi!
Xiaomi Mi 5: the flash preview of GizChinaIT
We thank first of all TopResellerStore for sending samples. We currently have the Standard and Prime versions of the smartphone, but today we will focus only on the version Standard.
With this Xiaomi Mi 5, the Asian manufacturer wanted to overcome itself from an aesthetic point of view. The construction is finely treated, with one shell made entirely in glass and metal definitely premium looking. There back cover, despite being in glass, presents a good oleophobic treatment, and the presence of lateral curvatures gives the device a more than adequate grip, if we consider, moreover, the suns 129 grams of weight.
Another big change of the company was certainly the introduction of a central physical button, which for this occasion also carries out the task of fingerprint reader pressure. The unlocking of the terminal is among the fastest tested so far, with an excellent percentage of execution. Furthermore, it is possible to activate an option that allows, by touching the button in question, to return to the Home, with an operation similar to the Meizu mBack button. The only "defect" could be the tapered shape of the button, which creates a not exactly perfect feeling.
One of the aspects that convinces at first glance is the . With an IPS panel from 5.15 inches, a resolution Full HD e PPI 428, the 5 Mi offers a visual experience as a real top of the range, with excellent readability even outdoors in the sunlight.
Speaking of sectors on which Xiaomi has bet a lot, we can not talk about the camera. The sensor here present, that is a Sony IMX298 da 16 mega-pixels, offers shots in full day very enjoyable and comparable to other competitors quietly, and even in low light does not seem to be particularly affected. The presence of a OIS to 4 axes it only improves the user experience, allowing a registration video (up to 4K) decidedly optimal.
NB: the photographic samples found here have been resized to 1920 x 1440 pixels.
All this is possible thanks to the present hardware, that is a SoC Snapdragon 820, with CPU quad-core a 1.8 GHz, GPU Adreno 530, 3 GB of RAM LPDDR4 e 32 GB internal memory of type UFS 2.0. The system is overall very reactive, and no lag or jamming is noted. By doing some tests Antutu, we have achieved scores around 110.000 points.
For completeness, we remind you of the hardware differences between the 3 variants of the Mi 5:
- Standard: 820 @ 1.8 GHz Snap, Xenon 530 @ 510 MHz, 3 GB @ 1333 MHz, 32 GB
- High: Snap 820 @ 2.15 GHz, Adreno 530 @ 624 MHz, 3 GB @ 1866 MHz, 64 GB
- Exclusive: Snap 820 @ 2.15 GHz, Adreno 530 @ 624 MHz, 4 GB @ 1866 MHz 128 GB
Everything runs on an operating system Android 6.0 Marshmallow flanked by the proprietary interface of Xiaomi, or the MIUI 7.2.1; in this version of the ROM we do not find either Google services or the Italian language, unlike what we saw at the MWC 2016 with the samples provided by the company. Please note that, if you buy from TopResellerStore, the device will be provided with Google services already installed by default.
Xiaomi Mi 5 - Conclusions
Ultimately, this Xiaomi Mi 5 does not disappoint expectations. However, the next few days will serve us to refine our idea on the device, in order to provide you with a more accurate and detailed analysis that we will present to you with the full review that will arrive in the next few days.
We remind you the official technical sheet of the Xiaomi Mi 5:
- IPS display from 5.15 inches diagonal with resolution Full HD 1920 x 1080, Corning protection Gorilla Glass 4 e PPI 428;
- dimensions of 144.55 x 69.2 x 7.25 mm with a weight of 129 grams;
- processor Qualcomm quad-core Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 with 64 architecture bit ARMv8-A and clock frequency from 1.8 GHz;
- Qualcomm GPU Adreno 530;
- 3 GB di RAM LPDDR4 dual channel;
- 32 GB di internal memory of type UFS 2.0;
- fingerprint reader front;
- rear camera by 16 mega-pixels Sony IMX298 with 6 lens elements, f / 2.0 aperture, OIS, autofocus PDAF, DTI technology and dual LED flash dual tone;
- front camera by 4 mega-pixels with f / 2.0 aperture and wide angle from 80 °;
- support dual SIM 4G + with VoLTE Cat.12;
- 802.11 Wi-Fi a / b / g / n / ac Dual Band, Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display;
- Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, IR port, DLNA, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou;
- input USB Type-C;
- proximity sensor, brightness, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, barometer, Hall sensor;
- battery by 2910 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0;
- operating system Android 6.0 Marshmallow with proprietary interface MIUI 7.