BlackView he decided to recall about 700 unit of his flagship Blackview Omega Pro, sold in November and December. The reason is to be found in a problem with the SIM card slot in the Omega Pro sold during this period.
Precisely, the SIM card slot is faulty due to an infiltration of the paint sprayed on the gap that prevents electrical conduction. As a result, the company is recalling units sold in the past two months, namely November and December.
In case you find yourself buying theOmega Pro defective from one of the authorized online stores, you can return the product with a free replacement. Or, the company also offers the opportunity to request only one SIM slot from the vendor without shipping costs.
BlackView stresses that the terminals sold in January do not have this production defect. So, those who bought the device in this last month will not encounter problems of this nature.
We recall the technical specifications of the Blackview Omega Pro:
- IPS display from 5 inches diagonal with resolution HD 1280 x 720 pixels, pixel density of PPI 294, curvature 2.5D and protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- shell in aluminum alloy and rear glass;
- dimensions of 143.5 x 71.4 x 7.8 mm, with a weight of 150 grams;
- processor true octa-core 64 bit Mediatek MT6753 with ARM Cortex-A53 architecture from 1.5 GHz;
- GPU ARM Mali-T720 MP3 from 700 MHz;
- 3 GB of RAM LPDDR3 single channel from 800 MHz;
- 16 GB of internal memory, expandable via microSD up to 128 GB;
- rear camera by Interpolated mega-pixel 18s (13 mega-pixel) with CMOS sensor;
- front camera by Interpolated mega-pixel 8s (2 mega-pixel);
- support dual SIM 4G LTE (the 2100 MHz band is missing);
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Hotspot;
- Bluetooth 4.0, FM Radio, GPS, A-GPS;
- battery by 2400 mAh;
- operating system Android Lollipop 5.1.
Despite the disappointment caused by the defective slot, it is still positive and appreciable the response of the company that not only admitted the problem, but proposed concrete and free solutions to its customers.