If you are holding a Vivo Xshot or a Vivo Xplay 3S you may have run into a problem with Google services, which stopped working after the latest Funtouch update. Here's how to solve the problem with our Andi's guide.
The problem occurred after installing an update to Vivo, which fixed an incompatibility with Android Wear, but caused a problem in Google services, which stopped working.
An email sent to Vivo he quickly gave us the answer: the company has decided to remove Google services from Funtouch because they are not used in China. Even stranger, they also told us that they created an international team just a month ago. Thinking about the international market and removing Google services at the same time seems like a rather strange choice.
Anyway, the good news is what conversation with Vivo led us to a solution!
How to fix Google services problem on Vivo Xshot and Vivo Xplay 3S
The steps to follow are very simple, and once completed Google services will work again.
- The first step is to disconnect from your Google account;
- Then uninstall Google Play and Google services;
- Now download Google 服务 框架vivo专版 from the Vivo (which you will already find in Funtouch). If you can't search with Chinese characters, just type Google and you will find what we are looking for. Once the download is complete, proceed with the installation.
- Once Google 服务 框架 is installedvivo专版, open it and select “启用” (locate these characters). Then our smartphone restarted.
- After rebooting, check the application again to make sure that the writing with the characters "已 启用" is green, so go to the next step.
- After the previous steps, install the Google Play Store and Google Service, both available on the Vivo.
- Finished! You should now be able to add your Google account to your smartphone Vivo!
Credit to Jungle's Vivo for the quick reply and these instructions.[Via GizChina.com]